Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions will govern your booking of Luz do Sol and use of the complementary vehicle. It is important to read and understand them before making your booking.
- For a confirmed booking a 30% non-refundable deposit is required. A booking will be held confirmed once the initial deposit has been paid, and remains “provisional” until the deposit has been received.
- Once the booking has been made the balance payment is due 12 weeks prior to the arrival date.
- Where a booking is made within the 12 weeks of arrival date the full payment must be made on the booking day.
- If the guest should cancel the booking they must notify the owner immediately. Any cancellations made after the full payment has been made on the 12 weeks the guest will forfeit the full amount paid. A refund is only possible if the owner can re book the dates that have been cancelled.
- A damage deposit of €700 is required on arrival, this is required for any damage to the property and car excess insurance.
- The villa is available from 16:00 on your arrival day and must be vacated by 10:00 on the day of departure.
- In some cases if possible for a longer departure time if agreed with the owner.
- This is for preparation for the arriving guests. We do appreciate this may be difficult due to flight times, and it may be possible to leave luggage until a more convenient time. This must be pre-arranged with the owner.
- The changeover day is flexible throughout the year where possible, in high season the changeover day is Saturday.
- The owner or local representative shall be entitled at any time to enter the villa to examine its condition and the condition of its furniture and fittings. No furniture must be moved without authorization.
- The owner reserves the right to alter or withdraw facilities or amenities which have been advertised or previously available without prior notice where necessary due to repairs to the entire property, includes pool, lawn and garden.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure that statements, descriptions and particulars of the villa are accurate, the owner will not be liable if the villa does not meet the requirements of the guests.
- The WAV is complimentary to help you get out and about so please do understand this offer.
- Prior to booking guests must ensure that the villa is entirely suitable for all members of their party.
- The owner is also not liable for weather conditions, and other circumstances beyond their control.
- The owner reserves the right to charge a breakages deposit of 700 euros which will be refunded within 7 working days providing no damage has occurred to the property, villa, car, lawn, garden or the mobility equipment kept at the villa.
- At the end of the period the guest shall leave the villa and its furnishings, fixtures and fittings and all other contents in the same order as the commencement period. Any breakages, loss or damage arising during the period must be reported by the guest to the owner. Any repair or replacement will be taken from the damage deposit paid by the guest.
- The deposit will be returned once the villa has been cleaned and checked.
- The owner is also entitled to charge for extra cleaning if the villa is left in a unreasonable state, if sun tan cream has contact with the white linen bed sheets, this cannot be removed this also will be deducted from the damage deposit.
- If the irrigation is damaged this is to be reported immediately to the owner as the grass will not be irrigated, causing the grass to die in the summer.
- Damage caused to the lawn will also be charged, as this will affect the next in coming guests and cannot be repaired instantly.
- The Guest shall forfeit without compensation his/her right to occupy the villa if any activity which may cause unreasonable noise, disturbance or damage to the property.
- The owner reserves the right to request any activity causing damage to the property, including the pool, terraces, lawn and garden mobility equipment and car. If requests are ignored and damage continues the guest shall forfeit without compensation his/her right to occupy the villa. Repairs and damage will be taken from the damage deposit.
- Failure to pay the breakage deposit upon request will result in your booking being treated as cancelled by you.
- Linen, towels and beach towels are included. More than one week stay weekly full clean change of linen and towels, garden and pool clean.
- If more cleaning is required please let us know, this is charged on an hourly basis.
- All persons stated on the booking form are responsible for the care of the property and are expected to take good care of it throughout their stay.
- At the end of the rental period all utensils, furnishings, walls, floors and fittings, mobility equipment, and car must be left in good condition. It is the guest’s responsibility to notify the owner or representative immediately of any sudden equipment failure so that reasonable action can be taken to rectify the situation.
- Any damage or breakages must be reported immediately to the owner or the local representative
- To the extent permitted by law, the owners of the property exclude all liability and responsibility whatsoever for death, personal injury, accidents, loss or damage to persons or personal belongings however caused.
- The use of the accommodation and amenities including the pool and pool lift and mobility equipment is entirely at the user’s (guests) own risk. Children must be supervised by responsible adults always when using the pool.
- The owner does not accept any responsibility or liability for natural disaster, fire, weather conditions, any technical, structural, electrical, plumbing or any other circumstances with amount to the Acts of God, or any other events beyond the owners control. The Owner cannot be held responsible for noise or disturbance originating beyond the boundaries of the property.
- In no case will the Owner or the Owner’s Representative individually or collectively be liable to make any payment or give any refund or compensation of any amount over and above the total rental amount paid.
Luz do sol is a self-catering accommodation require it is up to the guest to supply all provisions and consumables necessary for daily living. If you are arriving late we can organise a small shop to see you through the evening and morning, this has to be pre-arranged with the owner.
In the event of storms and extreme weather conditions
In the event of lighting please un plug all items, TV, Cable box, hoist, computers, phones any electrical equipment, the owner is not responsible for any damage cause to electrical items of the guests. The owner is also not responsible for flooding or damage to guests items due to a flood.
The warm climate inevitably attracts insects such as ants, mosquitos and wasps. The best way of deterring insects such as ants and wasps, is to ensure that no food is left accessible, and crumbs are always swept up from terraces after an al fresco meal. By making sure that food is put away and rubbish regularly removed daily, you will be helping to keep the property free of unwelcome visitors.
Special events and Parties
If the guest is planning to hold an event, such as a wedding or party, which involves having a larger number of people at the property, or if the guest is planning to use the Property for a purpose other than holiday, please communicate this to the owner at the time of booking, as special approval or arrangements may be required.
Depending on the nature of the event, a surcharge and/or additional security deposit may be required, which will be agreed and confirmed in writing prior to confirming the reservation.
Note that Luz do sol is in a residential area and are subject to rules and regulations regarding their use, therefore, it may not always be possible to grant permission for certain uses or activities due to these or other reasons beyond the control of the Owner.
This agreement will be governed by the laws of Portugal. In the event of controversy arising from the booking and Property rental that cannot be resolved amicably between the parties.
- Air conditioning and under floor heating is optional. The additional cost is 170 Euros per week. Electricity in Portugal is the 2nd most expensive in Europe. Air conditioning units are an instant cool, so when you go out for the day please turn the units off and not waste energy. It also leads to more burning of coal and other fossil fuels that contribute to global climate change.
- Long lets more for one month or longer will be charged electricity on the meter which will be read on arrival of the guest and at the end of the stay, the guest is required to pay this bill before departure.
Terms and conditions regarding the use of the complimentary vehicle
Luz do sol has 2 wheelchair adapted Renault Kangoos. We do not have a license to hire cars but we are allowed to offer these as complimentary use during your holiday.
One car is 4 seats plus wheelchair and the other has 3 seats plus wheelchair. This second vehicle is there as a backup so only one car per booking. However when the group has more than 1 wheelchair user exceptions are made.
The cars in Portugal are insured rather than the driver.
Please bear in mind that the cars are right hand drive so its useful to have a driver with experience driving their UK cars abroad.
If you have a disability parking badge make sure to bring it with you.
The use of the complimentary car is a gesture of goodwill we are lending the vehicle to you during your stay this is not a hired vehicle.
2. The vehicle is only available to people staying with us at Luz do Sol.
3. The vehicle is fully comprehensive insured for any driver minimum age 25 maximum 70 and 5 years full driving licence, with no accident claim within the past 5 years, and no points. In the case of an accident the driver is responsible for the excess insurance of €700.
4. For you to borrow the car we will require a copy of the allocated driver drivers licence and passport.
5. On your arrival we will issue you with a letter of authority to use our vehicle during you stay. Only the person with a letter of authority form us will be permitted to drive the vehicle.
6. The vehicle is only for use within the Algarve and not to be taken out of Portugal.
7. The motorway A22 is a toll road. Tolls are electronically recorded by the number plate of the car, guests are responsible for their charges, and must be reported to the owner if they have used A22.
8. It is important to remember that in the event of an accident that you are borrowing the car from us.
9. Any speeding fines or parking fines are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle, we have a point system now in Portugal.
10. The car is only for the use of transportation of the wheelchair client and shall not be used outside of this, without the express permission on the owners.
11. If the cars are being misused, or reckless driving, the owner will remove the use of the cars immediately.
12. If one of the cars is not available due to service, maintenance, the other will be offered, this should be taken into consideration if there are more than 4 in your group.
13. Any damage caused to the car during the dates that you have use of the car will be deducted from the damage deposit this includes, tyres, interior, exterior.
14. The car is a complimentary offer for you to enjoy getting out and about with a member in their party with a wheelchair, if for any reason you are not happy with the car, please do let us know and we can help you arrange a hired car.
15. In the event of an accident the police must be called dialling 112, we should also be contacted on either 00351 919032377. A yellow vest must be worn and a triangle placed 30 metres before the vehicle depending on the situation, these items are supplied with the vehicle. Do not move the vehicle until the police allow you to.
16. The car loan is not a compulsory item so please do note this can be terminated immediately if the owner requires.
17. It is no longer legal to use the old paper licences, so please make sure you have the digital card form licence.
If there are more than 4 in your group, it is highly recommended that you rent another car.
If you would like to make alternative arrangements for adapted car hire please contact us for further info.