Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions will govern your booking of Luz do Sol and use of the vehicle. It is important to read and understand them before making your booking.
- For a confirmed booking a 30% non-refundable deposit is required. A booking will be held confirmed once the initial deposit has been paid, and remains “provisional” until the deposit has been received.
- Once the booking has been made the balance payment is due 12 weeks prior to the arrival date.
- Where a booking is made within the 12 weeks of arrival date the full payment must be made on the booking day.
- If the guest has to cancel the booking they must notify the owner immediately. Any cancellations made after the full payment has been made on the 12 weeks the guest will forfeit the full amount paid.
- You must arrange your own insurance prior to travelling, and have full and proper insurance in place for personal injury and for their goods, belongings and personal effects, including cover against cancellation and illness, and personal liability during your stay at the villa.
- Only those stipulated on the booking form may reside at the property as guests. The maximum capacity of the villa is 7. The number of persons staying at the villa must not exceed this, except in the case of infants (under two years old), or unless specifically authorized. Should the owner or local representative find that the number of people staying at the property exceeds that on the booking form he may, with absolute discretion, ask the extra person or persons to vacate the villa immediately. However if the owners agree to additional people in the party there is an additional charge of 70 Euros per night.
Changeover day arrival and departure times
- The villa is available from 16:00 on your arrival day and must be vacated by 10:00 on the day of departure in some cases if possible for a longer departure time if agreed with the owner. This is for preparation for the arriving guests. We do appreciate this may be difficult due to flight times, and it may be possible to leave luggage until a more convenient time. This must be pre-arranged.
- The changeover day is flexible throughout the year where possible. In high season the changeover day is Saturday.
- The owner or local representative shall be entitled at any time to enter the villa to examine its condition and the condition of its furniture and fittings. No furniture must be moved without authorization.
- The owner reserves the right to alter or withdraw facilities or amenities which have been advertised or previously available without prior notice where necessary due to repairs.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure that statements, descriptions and particulars of the villa are accurate, the owner will not be liable if the villa does not meet the requirements of the guests. Prior to booking, guests must ensure that the villa is entirely suitable for all members of their party.
- The owner reserves the right to charge a breakages deposit of 700 euros which will be refunded within 7 working days providing no damage has occurred to the villa, the car or the mobility equipment kept at the villa.
- At the end of the period the guest shall leave the villa and its furnishings, fixtures and fittings and all other contents in the same order as the commencement period. Any breakages, loss or damage arising during the period must be reported by the guest to the owner. Any repair or replacement will be taken from the damage deposit paid by the guest.
- The deposit will be returned once the villa has been cleaned and checked.
- The owner is also entitled to charge for extra cleaning if the villa is left in a unreasonable state, if sun tan cream has contact with the white linen bed sheets, this cannot be removed this also will be deducted from the damage deposit.
- Linen, towels and beach towels are included. More than one week stay weekly full clean change of linen and towels, garden and pool clean. Note if more cleaning is required this can be arrange at an extra cost.
- Please note that if sun tan cream or fake sun tan cream makes contact with bed linen the stains cannot be removed and will be deducted from the damage deposit.
- All persons stated on the booking form are responsible for the care of the property and are expected to take good care of it throughout their stay.
- At the end of the rental period all utensils, furnishings, walls, floors and fittings,mobility equiptment, and car must be left in good condition. It is the guest’s responsibility to notify the owner or representative immediately of any sudden equipment failure so that reasonable action can be taken to rectify the situation.
- Any damage or breakages must be reported immediately to the owner or the local representative.
- To the extent permitted by law, the owners of the property exclude all liability and responsibility whatsoever for death, personal injury, accidents, loss or damage to persons or personal belongings however caused.
- The use of the accommodation and amenities including the pool and pool lift and mobility equipment is entirely at the user’s (guests) own risk. Children must be supervised by responsible adults at all times when using the pool.
- In the event of there being a complaint concerning the villa, the matter must be taken up immediately either with the owner or the local representative. The owner regrets that they are unable to deal with a complaint after the guest has left or returned home.
Flying / Car hire
- All arrangements for flights and car hire are made between the client and the relevant company.
Air Conditioning and under floor heating.
- Air conditioning and under floor heating is optional. The additional cost is 170 Euros per week.
- Long lets more for one month or longer will be charged electricity on the meter which will be read on arrival of the guest and at the end of the stay, the guest is required to pay this bill before departure.
Terms and conditions regarding the use of the complimentary vehicle
- The use of the complimentary car is a gesture of goodwill. We are lending the vehicle to you during your stay. This is not a hired vehicle.
- The vehicle is only available to people staying with us at Luz do sol.
- The vehicle is fully comprehensive insured for any driver minimum age 25 maximum 70 and 5 years full driving license, and no accident claim within the past 5 years, and no points. In the case of an accident the driver is responsible for the €700 excess and any loss of no claims discount.
- In order for you to borrow the car we will require a copy of the allocated driver drivers license and passport.
- On your arrival we will issue you with a letter of authority to use our vehicle during you stay. Only the person with a letter of authority form us will be permitted to drive the vehicle
- The vehicle is only for use within the Algarve and not to be taken out of Portugal.
- The motorway A22 is a toll road. The tolls are electronically recorded by the number plate of the car and guests are responsible for their charges.
- It is important to remember that in the event of an accident that the car is not a hire/rental car and that you are borrowing the car from us, otherwise the insurance will be invalid and all costs of the accident will be the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle.
- Any driving fines or parking fines are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time.
We recognize that each person’s ability to access a particular environment will depend upon a number of additional personal factors known only to that individual, and therefore inclusion of a particular amenity or facility on this website does not imply ‘access for all’, nor ‘compliance’ with the Disability Discrimination Act or other local or national legislation.